Pikcells Ltd is the data controller for pages starting with www.pikcells.com. Where these pages link out to services provided by other sites their own privacy policies will apply. These are managed separately by each service provider.
A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed. For more information, read the Pikcells’s entry in the Data Protection Public Register.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Pikcells Ltd
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletter
- how you use our newsletter emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use pikcells.com
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on pikcells.com
- how long you spend on each pikcells.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving the navigation and content placement
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email newsletters
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email newsletters to users who request them
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of pikcells.com
What we do with your data
The data we collect is primarily used for communicating with our clients and users who have activly requested our communication. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
- We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and storedWe design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All website data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Our newletter service Mailchimp is located in the United States but is fully complient with EU laws regarding data protection and is certified to the Privacy Shield framework. Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Links to other websites
Pikcells.com contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to pikcells.com from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, Pikcells Ltd will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact Pikcells Ltd if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO):Stephen Mooney Data Protection Officer
70 Plover Road
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent email@example.com
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Find out about call charges Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Last updated 24 April 2019